Basic Microstation for Project Engineers
The course is aimed at Project Engineers who would like to improve their knowledge of Microstation and their understanding of the processes, NRG acceptance criteria and CAD standards requirements for using Microstation for circuit design and scheme plans so that they can successfully check drawings for compliance.
Location and Dates
All Ecado Microstation courses are delivered in-house at clients' premises and we will do our best to fall in with dates that suit your delegates. A minimum of four delegates is usually required to make the training viable.
Signalling Industry Project Engineers. No assumptions are made about delegates' Microstation skills but a basic understanding of Microstation would be beneficial.
Duration: 1.5 Days
Objectives and Benefits
- Be able to work confidently with the basic Microstation 2D toolset.
- Be able to produce design that meets the NRG acceptance criteria and other Network Rail guidelines and standards.
- Be aware of the correct resources to be used for signalling circuit design.
- Be enthusiastic about sharing ideas and knowledge with colleagues in order to improve both individual and collective CAD performance and productivity.
- Be able to check curcuit design and scheme plan drawings for compliance with Records Group criteria.
- Design File Settings
- Views & View Control
- Cells & Cell Libraries
- Element Attributes
- Text & Text Styles
- Copy / Move Parallel
- Element Select
- Power Selector
- Specific Distance Key-In
- Other Key-Ins
- Function Key Assignment
- Looping for Repetitive Processes
- Faster Snapping and View Control
- Find and Replace Text
- Controlled Copying and Pasting
- Select by Attributes
- Preparation: Levels and View Attributes
- Plot Drivers
- Printing a Drawing
- Generating a PDF
- Batch Plotting
- CAD Standards Checklist
- NRG Acceptance Checklist
- Seed Files
- Cell Libraries
- Sample Checking Process for Circuit Drawings
- Sample Checking Process for Plans