Introduction to 3D Microstation V8
The course is the ideal introduction to working in Microstation 3D, covering the basic skills required for precise element placement and effective drawing management in the 3D environment. The course also includes an introduction to surface modelling, drawing composition as well as modification and editing techniques.
Location and Dates
All Ecado Microstation courses are delivered in-house at clients' premises and we will do our best to fall in with dates that suit your delegates. A minimum of four delegates is usually required to make the training viable.
Candidates should ideally be familiar with Microstation 2D.
Duration: 2 Days
Objectives and Benefits
- Understanding the Microstation 3D Design Environment, 3D views and view controls.
- Be able to accurately place elements and assemblies in a 3D design file.
- Use Accudraw in 3D and other options for precise element placement.
- Learn surface modelling
- Understand the options for composing 3D design into sheet models.
- Creating a 3D Design File
- Design File Settings
- Understanding the Design Cube
- Views in 3D
- Auxiliary Coordinate System Triad (ACS Triad)
- View Layout
- Rotate View
- Dynamic View Rotation
- Additional View Controls
- View Control Bar
- Compass Orientations
- View Orientation
- Design Cube Orientation
- Auxiliary Coordinate System
- Absolute Coordinates
- Relative Coordinates
- Modifying Elements in 3D
- Construct Surface by Section or Network
- Construct Surface by Points
- Sheet and Design Models
- Reference Files and models
- Text Styles and Scales
- Dimension and Annotation Options