Advanced Microstation V8
This comprehensive course is designed for CAD users migrating from earlier versions of Microstation or other CAD systems and existing Microstation users who would like to improve the quality and efficiency of their CAD output.
Location and Dates
All Ecado Microstation courses are delivered in-house at clients' premises and we will do our best to fall in with dates that suit your delegates. A minimum of four delegates is usually required to make the training viable.
Ideally candidates should be familiar with an earlier version of Microstation or another CAD system.
Duration: 3 Days
Objectives and Benefits
- Comprehensive understanding of Microstation 2D tools and techniques.
- Successful migration of users from other CAD systems or earlier versions of Microstation.
- Introduction to Microstation system administration and management.
- Improve productivity, efficiency and standardisation of CAD output.
- Techniques for adhering to in-house or client CAD standards.
- Design File Settings
- Views & View Control
- Cells & Cell Libraries
- Element Attributes
- Text & Text Styles
- Copy / Move Parallel
- Accudraw Basics
- Accudraw Shortcuts
- Setting Up Dimension Styles
- Dimension Toolbar
- Design Models
- Sheet Models
- Reference Files and Models
- Annotation and Dimensioning Options
- Element Select
- Power Selector
- Attaching Reference
- Manipulating Reference Files
- Attachment Settings
- Attachment Settings
- Exchange and Merge
- Raster Manager
- Specific Distance Key-In
- Other Key-Ins
- Function Key Assignment
- Looping for Repetitive Processes
- Faster Snapping and View Control
- Find and Replace Text
- Controlled Copying and Pasting
- Select by Attributes
- Data Cleanup
- Patterning Options & Settings
- Preparation: Levels and View Attributes
- Plot Drivers
- Printing a Drawing
- Generating a PDF
- Batch Plotting
- Creating Cells and Cell Libraries
- Managing Cell Libraries
- Adhering to CAD Standards
- Customising the User Interface
- DGNLIB Files
For users transfering from AutoCAD, the following optional modules are available if requested.Converting to Microstation from AutoCAD
- Microstation / AutoCAD vocabulary
- DWG Workmode
- Interoperability with AutoCAD
- Keyins and Precision Input Options
- Alias Manager