Microstation Consultancy: Processes and Workflows
All repetitive Microstation tasks that are carried out on a daily or even more regular basis need to be streamlined or possibly even automated to fully optimize efficiency. Ecado can carry out short term consultancy work to consult with users and design managers, analyze users' Microstation sessions and draw up recommendations for change that can represent very significant reductions to your design costs and project timescales.
Sample list of typical workflow inefficiencies:
- Users searching through archived projects for the most suitable starting point for a design file.
- Users searching through drawings to copy and paste an assembly or component.
- Manual alterations to design file settings or creation of levels and text styles.
- Anything in excess of a minute for plotting and printing.
- Time spent fixing non-compliant drawings.
- Time spent navigating to the correct folder to store drawings.
- Any time spent searching for seed files or cell libraries.
Where inefficiencies cannot be addressed at a system level but could be resolved with users being aware of the many tools in Microstation that simplify global changes or assist with repetitive tasks, we can sit with users and demonstrate better and faster solutions for the workflows they require.
If this service would benefit your team, please feel free to email us or ring Neil Ferguson on 07765 250359 for an informal chat.