Microstation Consultancy: Cells and Cell Libraries
Provising users with access to approved, standards-compliant cells is probably the simplest stage in adding efficiency and standardization to your design teams' workflows. We can work from typical drawings, CAD standards documentation and existing cell libraries to build up a comprehensive set of flexible, tidy and geometrically accurate cells to support your design team. If requireed we can also develop palettes to provide users with one-click access to the most commonly used cells and libraries.
Standard cells checklist:
- If required, will fit in with your preferred units, design file settings and grid system.
- Adhere to supplied CAD standards documentation.
- Use text to overwrite, data fields or tags where users will need to populate variables whilst ensuring that text settings remain correct.
- Adhere with level structures, naming conventions etc.
- Are drawn accurately to supplied product information and dimensions.
- If assembly cells might need to be dropped to component level, ensure that cells are grouped properly to support this.
- Are named consistently and support users wanting to find cells by first letter shortcut.
- Support revision management.
If this service would benefit your team, please feel free to email us or ring Neil Ferguson on 07765 250359 for an informal chat.