Microstation Consultancy: Microstation Workspace Development
Microstation workspaces are one of the software's most powerful, yet often most under-used features. Typically, with the shipped version of the software, the three workspace components (user, project and interface) will be installed on users\' hard drives, and a portion of the design team may use them to, for example, set default printing sessions or a regularly used seed file.
However, by developing and networking the workspace components, a wide range of efficiency benefits can be made available to the whole design team, allowing them to:
- Change to a different engineering discipline and immediately set the paths to the correct resources to be used for that discipline.
- Make it a low-click process to select the correct cell libraries and seed files for design work.
- Streamline printing and other time-consuming tasks.
- Specify a project and immediately load up additional cell libraries and resources.
- Create new drawings with the correct text syles, level structure and dimension settings automatically in place.
- Provide users with palettes for selecting the most commonly used cells and components.
- Provide drop down menus where users can create new drawings from an approved set of standard assemblies.
- Allow users to access project and design specification, user guides and other documentation from the drop down menus in Microstation.
- Manage reference files more effectively and avoid lost path issues.
- Default to the correct directories for storing design work based on discipline and project selections.
If this service would benefit your team, please feel free to email us or ring Neil Ferguson on 07765 250359 for an informal chat.